Monday, August 27, 2012

Attack of the Crib

         Kids get stuck in things. It's a fact of life. Kid's get stuck in chairs, on their backs, between stair rails, or in Ducky's case between the crib slats. She has 8 teeth coming in (I wish I had whiskey in the house, not for her for me!) all at once, and the accompanying diaper rash she gets with it. So she was already having a rough night when she got her leg between the crib slats. I don't mean little stuck I mean wedged in and can't move it at all stuck. I was ready to punch out the crib slat to free her little leg when I finally got Daddy awake and he extricated her. She refused to go back in the crib (I can't blame her the crib tried to eat her leg!) so i had to spend the night holding her to get her to sleep. She now has big ugly bruises above her knee on the inside and outside of her leg as well as little finger print bruises from us grabbing her leg to try to get it out. As scary as this was it's not what had me terrified this week.

         She had shots the next day. (THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO DEBATE VACCINATIONS ANY COMMENTS ABOUT SUCH WILL BE DELETED). This to me was terrifying because I was afraid they wouldn't believe us about how and why she got the bruises. I'm scared of anyone ever trying to take my baby girl away from me (momma bear syndrome in full effect). This is where my knowledge of the law is a bad thing. I know if any medical professional suspects abuse they are required to report it to the proper authorities. I agree with this because sometimes a spiral fracture is the only outward evidence of a child's private hell. I also know sometimes kid's just fall/get stuck/run into things  (that wall jumped right in front of her!) and get bruises and broken bones. But unless you have photos or video of the accident how do you prove the bruises are from grabbing her leg to get it out instead of grabbing her leg in anger? Our pediatrician is awesome and knows we did nothing to harm our baby girl only helped her to escape the evil crib monster.

        Sorry for the short post but mommy is on vacation and has a little bundle of terror to play blocks with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment